Friday, November 4, 2011

Stressed Polska...


Well, my trip home didn't pan out.  I got a call a few hours after I got to my hotel, "You're husband is in the hospital & it doesn't look good."  He's fine now, but I'm exhausted & in bad physical shape.  It's hard taking care of someone when you're sick.  
 

I had be so good about watching my spending, but being under so much stress caused me to go on a small spending spree:
 
2 (one blue, one yellow) $15 each Etsy seller Suzy from the CRAVE yard

Secrets in Lace Vibrant Bullet Bra $20.40

Cherry hair clip from My Baby Jo $6 (I also got pads for the bra)

Mode Merr peasant top in black gingham $33 before coupon
 
Blue Topaz (Dec. birthstone) ring for $4 on eBay

Figgjo Mirror from IKEA $20

 I also have one auction going on eBay, so it might be another $25 & I ordered $40 worth of medical supplies.  I've also had to spend more on food & cooking supplies since the Mr is on a special diet because he almost died (not exaggerating at ALL).
 
While lamenting my irresponsibility at the doctor's office the other day, one of the nurses had a good point.  I spent 3 weeks at wits end, dressed in pajamas to try to stay comfortable while cleaning up someone else's blood & phlegm.  (Ew, I know, sorry!)  I need to feel cute again. Plus there's the ever present issue of my horrible self-esteem.  I'm still getting unemployment and have gone with out a lot of things for a long time.  I didn't really spend THAT much. 
 
Should I have spent that much money with a huge hospital bill coming up?  Probably not. 
 
Was it a help to my terrible self-esteem?  Yes.  I've gotten a ton of compliments on the top & my hair.  The bra is sooo comfortable that as soon as I have more funds, I will order another one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment