Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New outfit to try...

I spend most of the day watching TCM.  I love old comedies and noir films.  I can't stand most modern comedies, they're just not funny.  The last few I've seen have been mostly potty humor & how many times we can drop the f-bomb.  I'm a notorious potty mouth, so I'm not offended, but it always seems so forced & out of place in some of these movies. 
 
Today is Marie Dressler day.  Her 1931 film, Politics was on this afternoon, though I missed a chunk thanks to the Emergency Broadcast message.  Instead of the EBS tone, I got a bad pop song, then the tone, then another bad pop song.  
 
I don't really have the body to pull off 20's & early 30's clothes, but I saw one outfit I could probably get away with. 

The one on the far left
I do have a cloche hat that I picked up a Target last year for $9 or $10. 
  
With this skirt (it's loose on me & I should alter it).

This is supposed to be the olive green.  I have it in black.
I just found a cute tie on eBay & put a bid on it (it's at $1).  I thought I had a jacket, but I don't, so I'll call my fellow vintage loving friend and we can search for one next weekend.   
 
I've seen this outfit before and loved it.  I have an hourglass shape & ruled it out, but seeing it again, I'm going to give it a shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment