Thursday, November 10, 2011

My hats...

I collect vintage hats.  I have several more, but they've gone missing.  I'm worried that my ex threw them out.  One belonged to my great aunt & I have a photo of her wearing it.  I'm hoping I find them when I finish going through our store room boxes. 
 
I'm not sure of the dates on most of these.  Most of them are black.  I've been on the lookout for a nice green or blue hat.  The stand they're on was made by my father.  He was going to make me more, but never got around to it. 
 
I picked this one up in Northern VA.  There used to be a flea market/boot sale that was set up in a parking deck one Saturday a month.  This hat is Navy blue, but looks black in most light.  It's a small beret style with a ribbon bow.  Sometimes I put the bow in the front, but I mostly wear it in the back.  I don't wear this one often because it doesn't stay on well & I don't really have any Navy. 

$4
This is the cloche I picked up at Target last year.  The first time I saw it, I passed on it.  I went in a few weeks later & they still had it, so I tried it on and it was cute.  I didn't get to wear it for months because I got it at the beginning of Summer and it's way too hot here for most hats (90+ degrees every day).  
$10
This was an eBay purchase from earlier this year.  The seller said it was from the 50's, but that doesn't seem right to me.  I've only worn it a few times because it seems a little dressier & I rarely get the chance to dress up. 

$10
Another recent eBay purchase.  No date was given on this one, but I think this is definitely a 50's hat.  It came from Lazarus department stores in Ohio.  The netting on this was in bad shape, so I took it off.  I'm not a fan of netting anyway.  This is my current favorite.  
$8
This was a gift.  I've never worn it.  I'm pretty sure it came from Hot Topic since the construction is pretty bad & the rest of the crap I got from this person was from there (it really was crap).  I've been looking for something to add to it to make it wearable.

Gift
I've had this hat since high school.  The netting was destroyed by one of my pups and I haven't taken it off yet because I rarely wear this hat.  It just doesn't look right on me, but I've had it for so long, I can't get rid of it.  It used to have a tag, but it fell off long ago.  The union tag is still attached though. 

$2
Once I find the rest of my hats, I will post them.  Two of the ones I used to wear constantly are missing and I'm determined to find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment