Friday, July 22, 2011

MeltyPolska

Going out in 100 degree heat today was kind of a mistake.  I feel terrible, but I was good and didn't buy things that weren't on my list.  It really helps to get a surgery bill before going out.  It's a lot less than I expected, but still motivation to behave. 
 
I did the boring errands first, then headed to Bygones & Luxor.  I parked in the free parking deck behind Bygones & by the time I got to the corner, I had sweat dripping off of my nose.  I'm convinced I lost some weight.  I found a few dresses that I really liked, but didn't try them on because I felt gross & couldn't really buy today anyway.  I really like the fact that they've started carrying reproduction clothing even though it's so expensive.  They do have a sale section and there was a cute dress there so I can always hope for what I want going on the sale rack. 
 
I like Bygones because things are easy to find and they have nice stuff, especially the jewelry.  There was a necklace in the first case that I really, really wanted.  I didn't get a picture of it though.  I'm funny about taking pictures of things like that because I worry they think I'm casing the place for some reason.  I did get a picture of a two pairs of shoes I wanted:
 
$75
They're Aris Allen dance shoes with suede soles & not a good idea for a major "fall risk" like me.  I love the style though. 
 
They had a few bakelite bangles, but no black ones.  They did have a green one similar to the one I won yesterday & it was more than I paid for the 3 I won.  Go me! 
 
I debated on whether or not to limp down to Luxor.  The heat & humidity is draining.  I decided to go ahead since I was already there.  Luxor has no a/c, so I didn't spend a lot of time there.  They had a few bakelite bangles, but a lot of hats that I wanted. 

$22 (sorry for the terrible picture)
 
$12 (velvet?)
Those are my 2 favorites.  There was a black halo style hat with leopard print trim that I didn't get a picture of.  I forgot to check the price, too.  I couldn't try the black & yellow hat on since I had my hair up in a bandanna.  It was a tad bit out of my price range, but I might go back next weekend with a friend and see how it looks.  They also had a few bangles.  I didn't have enough cash & they weren't expensive enough to put on my card.  There was also a patent leather black, yellow & white striped belt.  It was way too small & didn't have a price. 
 
I would have liked to spend more time there, but it was too hot for me.  I picked up dinner for the Mr. then came home and tried to cool off & get the swelling down in my leg.  It's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow, so I'm glad I went down there today instead of doing it tomorrow.  The plan is to stay inside & read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment