Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cabin Fever

I had my second knee surgery about a month ago and now I'm even more limited in what I can do.  It's healing well, but I still can't drive very far or be out for long.  I kind of have cabin fever and will be going out tomorrow in the 100+ degree heat.  I can't handle heat at all, but I need to get out of the house because I'm getting nutty.  I usually go to Walmart or Target since I can get what I need in one place, which is important when you have limited energy, but I really need a change of scenery.
 
One of the local vintage shops, Bygones, recently remodeled and I haven't been there in a long time.  The clothing is a bit expensive & they usually don't have larger sizes.  They do have a really good selection of accessories & have started carrying some reproduction items.  I know I won't be tempted to spend a lot of money there, but it's fun to look.  They're supposed to have some nice Bakelite pieces.  I actually won 3 on eBay this evening; a buttery yellow, thicker carved bangle, a marbled green bangle & a "root beer" bangle.  I will post pictures when I get them.  Now I'm looking for some black spacers & a carved black bangle. 
 
There's another vintage shop about a block away from Bygones that has better deals.  It's not as fancy & you really have to dig, but it's cheaper and I've had pretty good luck there in there past. 
 
As an added bonus, I have a free sammich coupon for a deli that is on that same block.  I've been saving it for an "emergency."  It's not really an emergency, but if I'm worn out from limping around and the heat, it will count.   

No comments:

Post a Comment