Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tax-free laziness...

Two weekends a year, Virginia does tax free weekends on clothing.  In PA, we don't have sales tax on clothing or food (unless it's a restaurant). 
 
I forgot about the tax-free weekend until this afternoon.  I need something to wear for job interviews, not that I've had much luck on that front.  I want to make sure I have some to wear in my closet so I don't have to rush out to the mall to find something.  I hate the malls around here.  The people are even more horrible than they normally are & they're much worse during tax free weekend.  You'd think they were giving things away for free. 
 
Fortunately, it applies to online shopping for stores in VA so I can watch an "I Love Lucy" marathon while shopping.
 
I settled on this dress:

$35 (I have a better belt for it)
I've had good luck finding inexpensive dresses with a retro feel at JC Penney.  I got a dress for the office Christmas party there for $10.  It's a dress I could easily dress down for an interview, but it's heavy and is much too hot to wear when it's 100 degrees outside.  
 
They had a few pairs of shoes that were cute, but out of my price range.  I have a pair of Mary Janes that I can wear.  
 
I decided I'm going to wear a cardigan instead of a jacket.  I never wear them and it's a waste of money.  It's kind of a gamble, but I think I can look just as nice with a quality cardigan.  I'll see what it looks like when I pick up the dress. 
 
One thing that really irritates me about JCP's online ordering is they charge you to ship to the store.  It was only a dollar cheaper than shipping to my house, too.  Most stores will ship to their own stores for free.  It's stupid to charge $6 to have something sent to the store when you're already sending shipments to your stores.  I wouldn't have ordered the dress if I hadn't found a coupon for free site to store shipping.  If they'd offer that all of the time, it would bring people to the store where they might find other things to buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment