Sunday, August 21, 2011

Goodies...

I had a few things I was going to post about, but they came out whiny.  I was hoping to have some energy back after a few weeks of the super vitamins, but so far, no real change. 
 
Also, still no luck on the job front & unemployment runs out next month.  I contacted a job firm that specializes in placing handicapped people, but they haven't contacted me back. 
 
One of my friends, who is also unemployed, and I decided that we'd hang out every few weeks to keep ourselves sane.  This week we went to two antique malls I haven't been to.  The first one had a lot more crafts than antiques, but the prices were much better.  I found this tiki ashtray in the clearance section:

$5
It's heavy.  I'd like to use it for earrings or something like that, but there's no room in my bathroom. 
 
The second "mall" was expensive & they have a focus on furniture.  I did find this little dog: 

$2
He has joined my flamingo & dachshund on my dresser. 
 
I was trying to be good, but I'm tempted to go back for this pitcher/glasses set:
 
I really wanted this clock radio, too:

$35
I just can't justify spending the money though. 
 
Our weird find of the day was this anatomy picture:
 
 
My friend was creeped out by it, but she doesn't spend as much time in doctors offices.  It is kind of creepy.  I wouldn't want to wander through my house, half-asleep, & see it.  I can see myself shooting it or smashing it with the closest blunt object. 
 
About half-way though the 2nd mall, I started to crash.  One booth had a really nice chair with zebra fabric, so I decided to "test" it.  My friend said it really fit me, so I looked at the price...$700!  Yikes!  We decided to head out and save the 2nd half for another day.  I was exhausted.  It was hot in both stores and that doesn't help me at all. 
 
I made it home & found two more goodies in the mail:
 

$2

Still had the tag on it

The colors are brighter in person

I've been wanting a hair tie from DollyCool for a while.  I was feeling bad one day last week and decided to treat myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment