Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oxfords...

I’ve wanted a pair of spectator style oxfords or saddle shoes for months now.  I finally talked myself out of getting either since I don’t go anywhere.  I had been so good about not looking until yesterday.  TCM had a Marx Brothers marathon on yesterday & a girl had on an outfit I own with a pair of tasseled oxfords.  I found the exact pair online, but they weren’t in my size.  When I went back to find the picture & link to post here, it was gone. 

Here are some of the ones I found...

$80
This is the pair I really, really wanted.  Crown Vintage shoes are super comfortable.  I may sneak over to the store later to see if they have these because they’re sold out of my size online.  

Price Varies
These were my second choice.  Expensive, but they’d last forever & are comfortable.  The chunkiness offsets my braces.
$32
If DSW doesn’t have the Crown Vintage shoes, I may order these.  They’re different though I’m worried about the thin sole (inserts don’t really help).  I don’t think I could wear these for very long.  

$95
I thought these looked different, but they’re too manly for me.  

$42
The standard issue saddle shoe.  I like this shell & black combo, but they seem too manly.  I had the generic looking corrective shoe version of these & they just seem too boring.

$32
These remind me of the shoes Tuppence Ha’penny wears only flat.  

$38
I like the shape, but the tweedy part is too busy.

$29
Cute, basic & cheap.

$69
I almost got these.  They’re chunky & have a thick sole, but there is something I don’t like about them that I can’t put my finger on.

$69
Probably comfortable, but the heel is too high.
$35
These ended up being the winner.  Thick soles prevent my feet from being bruised after lots of walking.  I'm not sure how odd the soles will look when they get here.  They're a mix of espadrille & trainer.  Odd, but they should distract from my knee braces as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment