Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Disappointment...

One of my long time friends & I had planned a road trip for next month that I was really looking forward to.  Well, yesterday she told me she didn't want to go because I'm not much fun to be around since I got sick. 
 
Wow, thanks. 
 
She's worried I'll have a bad day and we'll sit around in a hotel room. 
 
I've been steadily losing friends over the past few years because I can't make it to cook outs or parties or clubbing.  I should be used to it, but we've been friends for over 10 year & this stings quite a bit.  She could have given a better excuse, like not having money or she wants to hang out with her new boyfriend. 
 
I was still dealing with a bad depressive episode yesterday so I decided to wait before replying to her.  I started feeling better today and re-read the email thinking I could have read it wrong.  Nope, but at least I'm feeling well enough to respond like an adult & not a whiny teenager. 

No comments:

Post a Comment