Friday, December 30, 2011

Shopping find...

The Mr. is off spending a stupid amount of money on a Kindle Fire (he has a regular Kindle) instead of saving that money for hospital bills.  It makes me mad when he does this sort of thing.  I feel guilty for spending $50 of my Christmas money, but he runs off to spend $250.  I told him to put it away for an emergency or to buy something in a few months, but he doesn't listen. 
 
While I was out returning gifts, I went into Luxor (the inexpensive vintage shop) & found a gingham dress for $20.

Mostly likely handmade.
It was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but it was in good condition & in a large size.  The tag dated it between '53 & '59.  I've been on a gingham kick, so I decided to treat myself.
 
Pocket & seam that needs to be fixed.
 
It's a tad tight in the chest, so I will have to wear a tank top under it.  I had one on when I was out and it worked well.  My chest is ridiculous & now that I'm losing weight, my waist is getting smaller.  I rarely find anything made to my measurements & I have to take a lot of things in for the waist & hips.  I was happy to pick something up that I didn't have to take in. 
 
 
The only change I may make is to remove the ric-rac because it seems childish to me.  My mom put it on all of the clothes she made me until I was 6.  It just doesn't work for me 30 years later.  I'm worried about what the material looks like under it, so I may have to add some trim over that area.  I'll have to see.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment